Your Price: $250.00
Giuseppe Quintarelli Recioto della Valpolicella Classico DOCG
Careful selection of grapes from specific vineyard parcels that are uniquely suitable for Recioto
• Recioto refers to the “ears” of the grape clusters, the upper shoulders of the bunches that get the
most sunlight and are the most ripe. The wine must have significant sugar to go through two
alcoholic fermentations and remain sweet.
• Recioto must have significant levels of residual sugar after alcoholic fermentation
• After harvest, grapes sit in wooden boxes or on rush mats
• Careful attention is paid to the positioning of the grapes so the appassimento can occur naturally
• Noble rot starts to appear in November and develops mostly in January
• Grapes are pressed at the end of January and after 20 days of maceration, alcoholic fermentation
begins with indigenous yeasts
• Fermentation lasts 45 days
Sign-up for our Wine Deals newsletter to get the latest in Sunfish Cellars Wine Picks, specials and more!
We are lovers, purveyors, and teachers of all things wine, beer, and spirits. We have instructed more than 400 wine classes. We also have a wine bar we call our Lab.